No updates available
LEEDS & DISTRICT UNION of GOLF CLUBS
1. Each club shall be represented by one team of THREE players. One player will be designated as the team captain.
2. The handicap limit for the league is 28 (36 for girls).
3. The clubs shall be divided into THREE divisions. For 2017, promotion and relegation shall be as follows when possible:
Junior Division 1 2 teams relegated
Junior Division 2 2 teams promoted and 2 teams relegated
Junior Division 3 2 teams promoted
In the event of a tie for either promotion or relegation, the position in the league will be decided by:
a - The number of matches won
b - The number of Away wins
c - Least losses
d - Least Away losses and most Away points
4. Each club shall play a home and an away match as laid down in the fixture list.
5. Matches shall take place on Tuesday evenings at 17:30 hours unless otherwise indicated in the fixture list, or at a time mutually agreed by the Junior
Organiser or their representatives. If it is not possible for the match to be played on the date in the fixture list, then written permission MUST be
obtained from the LDUGC Junior Organiser at least 7 days prior to the date of the fixture for a change of date. Only the Junior Organiser or their
representative can decide a match should be postponed or suspended. In the case of postponement, this must be made on the tee at 17.30 hours on
the day of the match unless the course is closed.
6. Any match postponed due to inclement weather or the state of the course should be notified to the LDUGC League Secretary before the 22:00 hours
deadline on the date of the original fixture. A match postponed due to inclement weather or the state of the course should be played within SEVEN
days where possible. In the event of this not being possible, the League Secretary should be notified within SEVEN days of the original fixture and in
in exceptional circumstances, only, a date should be proposed and mutually agreed with him when the match will be played. In the event of teams
failing to play or rearrange a match postponed within the stipulated period, both teams shall be awarded no points.
When a match has started and has to be suspended, in accordance with the Rules of Golf, and can not be completed on the same day any game
completed shall be awarded the appropriate points, any unfinished games shall be considered halved. Matches shall not be re arranged.
7. If a player fails to be present at the time fixed for the match, he shall be recorded as having lost.
8. Both Captains will exchange Team Lists in strict handicap order and the matches shall be played in that order. The Captain of the Home Team will
supply scorecards and local rules.
9. A player may represent one club only in any one season.
10. Disputes must be communicated to the League Secretary prior to 17.00 hours on the date of the match. This must be followed by a letter to the
Honorary Secretary of the Leeds & District Union of Golf Clubs within 7 days of the date of the match. The decision of the Executive Committee
regarding all disputes shall be final.
11. It is the responsibility of the HOME CLUB to immediately notify the result of a Fixture to Mr. Alan Webster by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org but
before 17.00 hours on the day after the match is played. Please give player details on the results e-mail.
12. Failure to comply MAY result in the DEDUCTION OF ONE POINT from the HOME TEAM.
13. If a team fail to turn up for a match, they will be given written notice, that if they re-offend they will immediately be eliminated from the league, and all
results involving that team will be expunged. The Club will be required to make application to rejoin the league in the following season prior to the 1st
September for Executive approval and if accepted they will resume in the lowest Division.
14. Boys competing in match play shall play from the WHITE TEES (Mens) with strokes taken in according to the WHITE TEE stroke index, with the stroke allowance at full handicap difference. Girls competing in match play competitions shall play from the RED (TEES) stroke index. When playing against another girl then strokes taken shall be according to the RED TEES stroke index, with the stroke allowance at full handicap difference.
Where boys and girls are competing in the same event, adjustments will be made for handicap purposes. The adjustment will reflect, plus or minus, the difference between the Ladies and Mens Standard Scratch Scores of the course.