LEEDS & DISTRICT UNION of GOLF CLUBS
1. Each club shall be represented by a maximum of two teams of THREE players. One player will be designated as the team captain.
In the event of a Club entering two teams a player may only represent one of the teams during the season.
2. The handicap index limit for the league is 36 for girls and boys.
3. The clubs shall be divided into FOUR divisions. For 2024, promotion and relegation shall be as follows when possible:
Junior Division 1 1 team relegated
Junior Division 2 2 teams promoted and 2 teams relegated
Junior Division 3 2 teams promoted and 2 teams relegated
Junior Division 4 2 teams promoted
In the event of a tie for either promotion or relegation, the position in the league will be decided by:
a - The number of games won
b - The number of away game wins
c - Least game losses
d - Least away game losses and most away game points
e - The number of Fixtures (being total matches played) won.
4. Each club shall play a home and an away fixture as laid down in the fixture list.
5. Fixtures shall take place on Tuesday evenings at 17:30 hours unless otherwise indicated in the fixture list, or at a time mutually agreed by the Junior Organiser or their representatives on the previous Sunday. If no mutual agreement is reached the fixture must be played on the Tuesday in the published fixture list.
If it is not possible for the fixture to be played on the date in the fixture list, then written permission MUST be obtained from the LDUGC League Secretary at least 7 days prior to the date of the published fixture for a change of date.
Only the Junior Organiser or their representative can decide a fixture should be postponed or suspended. In the case of postponement, this must be made on the tee at 17.30 hours of the day of the fixture unless the course is closed.
6. Any fixture postponed due to inclement weather or the state of the course should be notified to the LDUGC League Secretary before the 22:00 hours deadline on the date of the original fixture. A fixture postponed due to inclement weather or the state of the course should be played within SEVEN days where possible. In the event of this not being possible, the League Secretary should be notified within SEVEN days of the original fixture and in exceptional circumstances, only, a date should be proposed and mutually agreed with him when the match will be played. In the event of teams failing to play or rearrange a fixture postponed within the stipulated period, both teams shall be awarded no points.
When a fixture has started and has to be suspended, in accordance with the Rules of Golf, and cannot be completed on the same day any game completed shall be awarded the appropriate points, any unfinished games shall be considered halved. Fixtures shall not be re arranged.
7. If a player fails to be present at the time fixed for the game, he shall be recorded as having lost.
8. Both Captains will exchange Team Lists in strict Handicap Index order and the matches shall be played in that order. The Captain of the Home Team will supply scorecards and local rules.
9. A player may represent one club or team only in any one season.
10. Disputes must be communicated to the League Secretary prior to 17.00 hours on the date of the fixture. This must be followed by a letter to the Honorary Secretary of the Leeds & District Union of Golf Clubs within 7 days of the date of the Fixture. The decision of the Executive Committee regarding all disputes shall be final.
11. It is the responsibility of the HOME CLUB to immediately notify the result of a fixture (names, handicaps, scores) to Mr. John Hallas by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org but before 17.00 hours on the day after the match is played. Please give player details on the results e-mail. Failure to comply MAY result in the DEDUCTION OF ONE POINT from the HOME TEAM.
12. If a team fail to turn up for a fixturee, they will be given written notice, that if they re-offend they will immediately be eliminated from the league, and all results involving that team will be expunged. The Club will be required to make application to rejoin the league in the following season prior to the 1st September for Executive approval and if accepted they will resume in the lowest Division.
13. Boys competing in match play competitions shall play from the WHITE TEES with strokes taken according to the WHITE TEE stroke index, with the stroke allowance as per WHS guidelines. Girls competing in match play competitions shall play from the RED TEES with strokes taken according to the RED TEE stroke index, with the stroke allowance at full handicap difference.
Where boys and girls are competing in the same match, adjustments will be made for handicap purposes. The adjustment will reflect, plus or minus, the difference between the Ladies and Mens Course ratings for the course on which the event is being played as per WHS guidelines.
The exception will be that in Junior League Division 4 Boys shall play from YELLOW TEES.